Annual Giving through our General Charities Fund
The Charities Committee organizes a variety of charitable events throughout the year in order to raise money for our General Charities Fund. At the Annual General Meeting at the end of each fiscal year, the Charities Committee presents the list of charities that will be supported with that year’s funds and members then vote on how to divy up the money. New charities are introduced each year while others have become regular beneficiaries of our charitable fundraising. The following list describes some of the ways in which we raise money throughout the year :
- In April 2010 we had a floral workshop where our members had the opportunity to learn how to create wonderful bouquets and special floral arrangement.
- We hold live auctions on a regular basis to auction items donated by our members. Each time, there is a different theme.
- We organise charity lunches between our members and their friends.
- We sell second hand books and DVDs at our annual Christmas party.
- At our Welcome Back Brunch and AGM, we hold a raffle.